We are under no illusions about what this lifting of restrictions means and want to assure you of our commitment to protecting everybody’s safety. This is essential guidance on how we can collectively make Brainchild as safe as possible & what to expect.
1. Negative Covid Test Before Entry
To enter site, you will have to show evidence of a negative lateral flow or PCR test taken upto 48h before arrival (but ideally as close to arrival as possible), even if you have been double vaccinated or if you’ve recently had Covid. These are free from the NHS website or from a local pharmacy (link in bio). You can evidence your negative result by showing us a photograph of the test combined with the text/email you’re sent by the NHS when you log your result.
You must not come to the festival if you have tested positive or you are required to self-isolate, or if you or someone you live with tests positive. Believe us, we know how disappointing this will be, but please consider others and their situations and know that you will be refunded in full if you can evidence this. If this applies to you, please email email@example.com.
2. Keeping Safe & Looking After Each Other
- As a general rule, you will not be required to socially distance or wear masks at the festival.
- However, we do ask that you bring a mask with you and you wear one if you are asked to. We all have different situations & boundaries and it’s vital that these are respected.
- Please be aware people may also wish to maintain more of a distance and touch less than normal, so it’s good to be mindful of this and try not to make assumptions.
- We ask you to please make good use of the hand washing and sanitising stations available throughout the site. Please bring your own supplies of hand-san and wipes.
- If you or anyone in your group develops cold-like or Covid symptoms, please make sure you go to the Medical Tent for attention as soon as possible. Anyone who tests positive during the festival will have to return home and self-isolate. We know how awful that would be, but it’s for everyone’ safety.
3. Brainchild Staff & Production
Our Front of House team will be wearing masks on duty, and in advance of coming to site will have had to have had to test negative. We’ll have a professional cleaning team sanitising touch points throughout the festival and have opened up more sides in our indoor performance spaces to improve ventilation.
4. Bearing with Us
We’re bracing ourselves for the possibility of no shows from artists who are ill or have to self isolate. This is also likely to happen to crew, and we can foresee many logistical challenges on the ground. These instances are tragic but it’s completely out of our hands, and we really hope you will understand and bear with us if this happens – either with last minute changes to the programme or with things that may be short-staffed.