Hatch is back for 2019! Oh how we’ve missed steamy, funny nights at Platform together. For anyone who doesn’t know – Hatch is our platform for creators to share new ideas and works in progress with a friendly audience. And we’re getting going programming the next one, so if you have new ideas to try out, read on.
Call Out Info
We’re looking for innovative theatre, cabaret, comedy, music, poetry, performance art and everything in between – anyone willing to take risks and try something new.
We’ll host six early-stage works to give short performances, with the aim of encouraging audience feedback and new connections.
So far, we’ve helped lots of artists launch exciting new projects – so if you’re looking for support, rehearsal space, an audience and to be part of a wider creative community, get in touch. Projects & artists who have been part of Hatch so far include: Milly Thomas’ Dust, Joana Nastari’s Fuck You Pay Me, Sophia del Pizzo’s Assmonkey: In Conversation, Isobel Roger’s Elsa.
We have a Hatch night coming up on Thursday 17 January 2019 and they’ll be happening throughout the year. We’re also in the process of shaping our programme of artist residencies, events, courses and collaborations so there will be lots more opportunities to get involved with our work – look out on our channels and sign up to our mailing list to hear about these.
Submission Deadline: Monday 17 December
Confirmation of involvement: Wednesday 19 December
Rehearsal Space Available (a day for each act): between 5-16 January 2019
Hatch Date: Thursday 17 January 2019
Hatch is held at Brainchild’s HQ, a multi-purpose art space called Platform. Address: Platform Southwark, 1 Joan Street, London SE1 8BS.
What are we looking for?
– Six acts, 10-15 minutes each in length
– We’re particularly interested in multi-form and interdisciplinary work
– Work that could become part of the wider Brainchild programme, including at the 2019 festival – we’re always on the lookout for exciting new ideas and to build relationships with emerging creators.
– Work that is still developing and would benefit from being seen by an audience
– We’re interested in work that is socially engaged and tackles challenging subjects
How do I submit an idea?
If you’re interested in performing at Hatch fill out this submission form by midday on Monday 17 December. If you have trouble linking or uploading to the form send material to firstname.lastname@example.org and please get in touch if you have any questions.
If you would like to tech and dress, we ask that you’re available during the day Thursday 17 January 2019.
What’s the offer?
– 1 full day of rehearsal space at Platform Southwark between 5-16 January 2019
– 10-15 minute performance slot at Hatch on Thursday 17 January 2019
– Collated feedback from the audience of the event
– Advice/support from the Brainchild team on next stages for your work including bespoke publicity and networking
Although we can’t offer payment to artists for performing, our aim is to assist in your creative process, connect you with an audience of creative peers and provide an environment that will spark ideas – as well as a fun night for a drink and a chat.
Accessibility has always been a priority – we keep the ticket price as low possible and the income generated allows us to cover the basic costs of the event. We don’t want Hatch to be inaccessible to artists based outside of London. If you want to take part but would need financial support with travel, please message us about it.