Brainchild is an ever-growing community of people connected by shared values. Every year through the festival and our other projects, we meet and collaborate with hundreds of people, and these friendships become driving forces for our creative output. We open up opportunities to get involved all through the year, check the list below to see what’s open at the moment!
Some core things about how we bring people in to the project:
- Our core values are: Community, Realness, Inclusion, Sustainability, Bravery, Collaboration, Development.
- We employ a flat fee policy, which means everyone is paid the same day rate, including Senior Management.
- We’re committed to creating a team that’s inclusive and representative of the festival’s audience & artistic community. We therefore especially welcome applications/expressions of interest from BIPOC & LGBTQIA+ communities.
- Wherever possible, we are committed to helping you get the personal and professional development that you’re after from being involved in Brainchild.
WORK WITH US
We are currently recruiting for:
- Gates Manager – JD here
- Volunteer Manager – JD here
- Deputy Volunteer Managers – JD here
- Venue Stage Managers – JD here
Applications must be made via this form. The deadline for all roles is midnight 27th April.
As many of you will know, working on a festival site is demanding and the hours can be long, but we’re committed to ensuring everyone has a fun and positive experience working with us, and that we support your professional development wherever possible.
Brainchild was powered entirely by volunteers for six years and the amazing folks who volunteer with us each year are still the life-blood of the project! There are two types of Volunteer Roles at Brainchild, General Volunteers (where you get a half price ticket) and full volunteers (where you have a free ticket).
Full Volunteer Roles
We’re looking for:
- Artist Liaison Volunteers – Info here
- Artist Driver Volunteers – Info here
- Production Driver Volunteers – Info here
- Welfare Team Volunteers – Info here
- Green Team Volunteers – Info here
- Kiosk Team Volunteers – Info here
- Site Build & Break team (info TBC – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest)
Applications must be made via this form. The deadline for all these roles is midnight 27th May, but these are filled on a first come first serve basis, so get in touch ASAP to ensure a spot if you’re keen!
You can purchase a Volunteer Ticket via TicketSellers for a general volunteering role. You will work 3 shifts (approx 12hrs) over the weekend, duties could include: working at the bar, selling programmes, checking car park tickets, stewarding and other odd jobs.
Once you have purchased a Volunteer Ticket, our Staffing Manager will contact you and ask you to complete a form, providing some information about yourself. Please be aware, we ask that all general volunteer to arrive by 8pm on the evening of Thursday 7th July for a briefing.
As with all tickets, a Crowd Cover Pledge of £45 will be automatically added to your basket at checkout, this must be purchased alongside the Admission Fee for your ticket to be valid. Once you’ve fulfilled your volunteer shifts, you’ll get half the total cost (Admission Fee + the Crowd Cover Pledge) of your ticket back. Here are the amounts you will be refunded based on each ticket tier:
Volunteer First Release = refund of £62.50
Volunteer Second Release = refund of £67.50
Volunteer Final Release = refund of £72.50
PERFORMER & INSTALLATION SUBMISSIONS
The deadline to propose ideas for the festival has now passed (midnight 14 February).
Thank you everyone who got in touch — we’re going through applications now and will try to fit as many of you in as possible. Please do bear in mind that Brainchild’s not a very big festival in terms of the number of stages/slots/budget, and we do have many more applications than we have space to support. So please don’t be disheartened if we can’t make it work this year.
You can expect to hear back from us by 14 March if we think there’s something we can do with you at the festival. Now we have our parties, Hatch and Digs nights as well as our Worldwide FM show, there’s so much room to involve you even beyond the festival, and we really wanna thank you for putting yourselves out there and getting in touch.
Hatch is our cosy mixed bill for sharing new ideas and works in progress. Our next one is on Tuesday 25th January 2022 at The Ivy House in Nunhead, one of London’s only co-operatively & community run pubs (with a lush little red velvet curtained stage!)
We are currently open for submissions and you can tell us your idea via this short form.
We’ve had the pleasure of platforming early work from lots of talented artists at our previous Hatch events and helped to launch some brilliant projects, including – Joana Nastari (Fuck You Pay Me), Millie Thomas (Dust), Dylema Collective, Isobel Rogers (Elsa), Jaz Lee Jones (curious), Adam Kammerling (Seder)
Get IN TOUCH
For general enquiries please email email@example.com